Bev & Sam had a super fun live happy hour and go into more detail about a question they received during it about vaccinating for Marek's, how the vaccine works, giving vaccines to day old chicks, and bust a myth about organic standards. Bev shares the total cost of her first round of meat chickens, and Sam reads a great listener farm story!
This episode is brought to you by:
- Henny & Roo! Use code DRINKANDFARM at www.hennyandroo.com to save 10% on your first box when you subscribe.
- First Saturday Lime! Use code #DRINK at www.firstsaturdaylime.com to save 10% every time you lime.
- Grubbly Farms! Use code WINE20 at www.grubblyfarms.com to save 20% on your next order of delicious black soldier fly larvae.
- The drinks for this episode were sponsored by @AshleyKirnan Cheers lady!
- This Episode is brought to you by our Patreon Contributors! You guys make the magic happen!
- Watch the LIVE Happy Hour in our FB Group!
- PBS article about the Marek's vaccine
- How to give vaccines to day old chicks
- Should you vaccinate for Marek's? from My Pet Chicken
- USDA Organic Standards
- Organic Myth about vaccines from Zweber Farms
- Bev's Chicken Tractor Plans
- Carol Pacey & the Honeyshakers
- Our listener farm story this week is from @jayellebee82
Some of the the links in the show notes are affiliate links from which we may make a small commission should you use them to make a purchase. Read our full disclosure statement here. While using a link won't affect your purchase in any way, you could look at it as though you've bought us a drink. Cheers!